Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crushing on Avi

It is my belief that sex shops makes people do silly things. Say things they don't mean, act a way that is unfarmiliar and some what strange. I expereince a lot of these behaviors. People get caught off guard, or become too comfortable. In the end there is no proper way to behave.

Crushing and flirting with employees at my work is a daily experience. People get hit on in all sorts of occupations, but something about working at a sex store amps up the sexual tension and causes flirtation or more. For example *Mark. He is in his mid fifties and must come in at least once a week to flirt with one of the managers. He goes as far as to buy items for the employees, though we do not accept. To get him to leave is tricky, because he does buy large amounts of items and promotes the store to his friends. Is letting him hit on the employees a fair trade? Advertisement and money in exchange for friendly and sometimes over the line conversation?

I once had a customer (female) call looking for me, wanting to take me out the evening. I barely remembered who this woman was while she invited me to dinner and a sex club The strange thing for me was, why was she calling me at work? She comes into the store and obviously knows when I work. Why didn't she just ask me for my number?

Avi Answers is a name I made for my work persona. At work I am charming, informative, dominant, and friendly. I do demos for classes, teach workshops, promote the store, etc. When I am at work, Avi takes over. Not saying that I'm not a wonderful person away from work ;P but I find that customers prefer to crush on the fantasy sex shop worker then, well, me.

My female caller comes back for classes, to watch me demo. Mark comes to the store to watch my co-worker. They fantasize about us, make us out to be untouchable. In a way we are. I feel like dating a customer would be cheating. I've learnt too much inimate secrets about them, things I want to explore and discver on my own time. Once in a while I want to jump a customer, but I hold myself back. I hate spoliers.

No comments:

Post a Comment