Monday, November 21, 2011

Donations

My work is currently sponsoring a local charity that helps provide food for the disabled and elderly. Whenever there is a purchase, we politely ask the customer if they would like to make a $1 donation to help out. Usually people say yes or "not today" and go on with their purchase. And then there are the few who tend to stand out when it comes to their response.

So far my favorite was this guy:

Me: "Would you like to make a donation today?"

Guy: "No....I only donate to organizations about cats. Do they have a program for cats?"

Me: "I think this particular charity is for people."

Guy: "Don't get me wrong, it's a great program! My parents used one like it!"

Me: "Oh really? That's great, would you like to make a $1 donation then?"

Guy: "Too bad they don't have one for cats. Cause then I would donate. So no. No donation today."

No comments:

Post a Comment