Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oohpah!

Apologies for the lack on entries. I decided to take a needed vacation and go to Burning Man this year.

Being away from the store for at least two weeks is pretty odd. I start to miss the shop and my interactions with people. I begin to have dreams about work, usually involving me being late to shifts or giant changes in the store that leave me panicking or confused.

My first weekend back has been pretty full. There is a local Greek festival happening right outside the shop. The smell of fresh gyros waif in as well as people tipsy off ouzo. Working during the festival is one of my favorite pastimes. There is a large surge of people coming in to check out the store, in addition to live music and snacks that my friends dropping by give me. (says while eating tzatziki sauce and pita bread)

And of course, there is more unique interactions:

-Dozens of couples coming for the first time walking around the store together. Most do not buy anything, but it's pretty frickin cute to watch.

-Three women (on separate occasions) telling me this is their first time in the store because they have been too scared to come in and the festival give them a excuse to drop by

-Drunk guys pulling their embarrassed friends into the store so that they can make an ass of themselves. Examples: Loudly remarking on masturbation sleeves, paddling their friends, buying penis shaped candy for girlfriends. Thankfully I did not have to ask anyone to leave (last year there was an incident with drunks throwing dildos across the room at each other). Did get one girl storm out in embarrassment when her friend started talking about "pussy" very loud.

-Awkward drunk guy came in to ask if we we're Greek and started telling me about how the police we're after him for bugging people at the festival. He ate a gyro sloppily over the counter and I had to clean the juices he dropped after he left.

-Man who worked at the festival (think he was a food vendor)came in to ask politely if the event helped or hindered our business. I explained to him that usually it helped, but since this year for some reason there is booth blocking the view of our store from the street, it isn't that great. There are still people coming in, but not as many as we'd like. He then asked for mint flavored condoms.

-Man came in and bought an anal plug and asked for us to hold it for him so he could walk around the festival without our store bag.

Well, let's see how Sunday works out.

Also, if you have any questions that you want me to answer please email me at avianswers@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment